Feb 17, 2013

グリーヴァ / Grieva VSHELF Interview Translation [Part 3]



-- Well, your first full album "Oni to kage" is being released on February 13 but you've already made a presale on February 2 at your oneman at Meguro Rock Maykan, right? Before hearing about the album, please tell us about your ompressions of the live, how were the reactions?

Kyouki: The reactions were incredlibe. The live was also very Grieva-like, intense and furious, it was satisfying.

Hisame: On that day, we hadn't planned to do an encore at all. But then, we heard them shout for one.

Kyouki: Because we really didn't plan it, we played every song that we have.

Hisame: But the voices were really loud, and our manager also said "won't you do it?", so we just did it. We just played the songs from the main part all over again.

Kyouki: This wasn't a really natural encore. Deciding on which songs one would play during an encore beforehand feels kind of different. Therefore I'm happy that we could do such an encore, and I think it was a good live.

-- Because they were voices that wanted you, you were happy, right?

Hisame: We were terribly happy!

Roku: I think now we are ready for our next oneman. When we decided to do this oneman live, that was like the first step in order to connect to the next one, I think. Before the live we were anxious and restless but by trying to do it, we also got many reactions.

Rui: Last summer when we started our activities, we immediatly had a free oneman at Rock Maykan but at that time we were stiff from nervousness. So we reflected upon that a lot. However, half a year has passed since then and I think we could have our revenge. We were able to show a more mature Grieva live, I think. It has not been decided yet when the next oneman will take place but my desire to do it like that for the next one hsd grown.

Haru: Because I feel like we were able to establish Grieva musically better than when we held that oneman last August, I personally was really looking forward to it and it was a live that gave me lots of motivation, too. Roku has already said that, too, but more than a live that would leave behind a clear result, I wanted it to be kind of a starting line. Saying this, I think that it really was our first step.

-- "Oni to kage" will be your first release as Grieva, but now that you completed it, how do you feel about it?

Kyouki: When I got the package in my hands for the first time, I was truly happy. I was also really particular about the jacket design, and I also wanted to reflect our views in the booklet. That's why I also want everyone to have a good look at it. As for the songs, this album should kind of represent our first release, that's why we were very motivated when we made it. Shouldn't every song sound like it could have been released as a single, or shouldn't it be like a best of album? That's what we felt when we were working on it.

-- When listening to it, it really sounds dense.

Kyouki: So far there haven't been many dense albums, right?

-- Yes. One doesn't know which song could be taken away from the album if one had to choose.

Kyouki: I wouldn't want to take any song away. All of them just match.

-- I see. How did you go about the recording of Grieva's songs?

Kyouki: Me and Haru made the songs but after we made the demo tapes we had all the members listen to them and worked out the arrangement together. So when Haru made the song and the demo, I added the melody and we handed it over to the members. Because we did the arrangement together, all credits go to "Grieva".

------

Translated by me, please don't copy without permission (・ω・)
Full interview in Japanese here: http://visual.musicshelf.jp/interview/id1153/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment